Norway - The Top 5 Must Visit Places
Norway is the place where you can find natural scenery that is sure to make you feel relaxed and comfortable. If you love skiing, you can go for mountain skiing in Tromso and if you want something different you can choose anything from dog sled to Sami village to horseback riding outside Oslo. There are several ways through which you can get close to the culture of this place. Just get there on time to be lucky enough to experience the special Aurora Borealis known as the Northern Lights that is the greatest sight here. It is the natural display of lights in the sky that is visible in greater latitudes like Antarctic and Arctic circles.
It is difficult to pick just a few attractions of Norway as there are pretty much to see here. Just start your journey with these must visit places and then you can check out the others as well.
1. Briskdal Glacier - Here you can witness a powerful and spectacular glacier and you can reach the neck of it either by walking or by getting into a carriage drawn by the horses and you can find one at the entrance of this glacier and it is worth watching and must never be missed.
2. Cruise the Northern Norway especially around the scenic Lofoten - To see the dramatic natural scenery of Lofoten you have to cruise around the Northern Norway especially the Troll Fjord and believe me it will be an unforgettable journey from start till the end. Here you get to spend a night in the traditional fisherman's cabin of the Norwegians known as the 'rorbu' from where you will be transported across in the traditional ferry.
3. Geirangerfjord - The beauty of this place is the serene waterfall view and the cliffs sure to blow you away. Missing this place will surely be a big loss which will make your Norway trip incomplete. Some of the entertainments here include fishing, guided tours, boating as well as hiking.
4. Changing of Royal Guard - This is also listed among the top ten free things to do in Oslo. Here you can witness the royal event from 1:30 PM to 2:10 PM every day no matter what the climate is. You will have to move towards the Royal Palace in Oslo for this and during the summer, the Norwegian military band as well as the mounted police officers escorts the guards through the capital of Norway.
5. Holmenkollen Ski Jump - Do you love skiing? If yes, you have come to the right place as this is the greatest attraction with one of the best ski jump offered to the travellers. Every year FIS World Cup ski Contests are conducted and it serves as a tourist magnet apart from being a sports venue.
6. The Snow Hotel, Kirkenes - Visiting Norway during the winter, The Snow Hotel is a must visit place which is truly icy. You can book your rooms from mid-December and these rooms are known as the "Snow Suites". There are a total of around 25 guest rooms well equipped with mattresses, sleeping bags and of course some magnificent sculptures made from ice and snow. You can have a wonderful get together at the Snow bar and if you want some snow-free place, head towards the restaurant!
There is a lot more to see in Norway and the greatest thing is that you don't have spend a lot to see most of the attractions of this wonderful place as you can get away with many things for free!
Read also about the Ultimate Bet Bad Beat JackPot winnings, another way to make good money at online games.
Enter your email to join
Club Annette and get invited to special poker promotions and events.
Top Poker Room
|You can also learn more about the PokerStars Marketing Code this is a great opportunity to start playing at the largest online poker room and receive a free $600; or the Full Tilt Bonus Code that is also $600. Do not miss these great online poker bonus deals while thay last.|
This is an unofficial Annette Obrestad fan site which is not yet affiliated or endorsed by Annette.
Copyright 2008 - Annette-Obrestad.org - email@example.com